Tuesday, July 1, 2008

1st July 2008

The first day of the new financial year, how exciting! By the end of the day, i will know who I'm buying a secret Santa gift for, how many Christmas cards, tags and ATC's i will be making for the swaps that are happening this month over at www.scrapbooking4less.com.au I am just waiting on a delivery of ATC supplies from one of new fave stores The Stamping Queen http://www.thestampingqueen.com.au/shop/ , the stamps and goodies that this store has is AMAZING, i want at least one of everything..and I'm also waiting on a delivery from Ruby Street Designs http://www.rubystdesigns.com/pages/home.htm I'm hoping that they come before the weekend, so i can get a start on my ATC's and Tags. I'm also planning on making some more ATC's to send into the Australian STAMPING & PAPERCRAFT MAGAZINE, would be pretty cool to see my work in print... I have come to realise that after making just a few ATC's that my style is very much collage cross vintage, i think i will find it hard to do more modern looking ATC's, and the people featured in my ATC's will either find themselves with wings made from petals or be surrounded by hand cut words from old books. In saying this, i would love to use fabrics on my ATC's and i think ill make that a "new financial year" resolution. I am currently on the hunt for vintage playing cards so i can dissect them for use in the ATC's, same with old photographs and old worn out books, and its proving to be quite exciting and time consuming. Also on my list are various bits n pieces, basically anything vintage or vintage looking.

No comments: